Dream It. Do it. Virginia Advanced Technology Camps introduce older youth to the manufacturing design process in a fun and interactive format. The camps are an innovative way to educate students, parents and teachers about manufacturing careers. During the camps, a variety of activities structure each day, including tours, lectures, and manufacturing demonstrations. Additionally, a competitive manufacturing assignment is built into the camp where students are divided into teams and given time to collaborate and work on their assignment with the knowledge and expertise of industry engineers from multiple disciplines.
DIDIVA Advanced Technology Camp Highlights:
- Hands-on experience with manufacturing and engineering technologies.
- An in-depth view of applied technologies in manufacturing.
- An understanding of what it takes to make a product and grow a business
- A friendly competition with other students in designing, building, and running a manufacturing system.
- Learn from engineers and technical experts.
- See robotics and automation at work.
2017 Dream It. Do It. Virginia Advanced Technology Camps and Registration
- June 12-16-- South Hill
- June 26-29-- Southside Virginia Community College, Emporia
- June 26-29-- South Boston
- June 27-July 1-- Department of Blind and Visually Impaired, Richmond, VA
- July 2-7-- Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center, Fishersville, VA
- July 10-14-- South Hill
- July 10-14-- Valley Vocational Technical Center, Fishersville, VA
- July 25-29-- STIHL, Virginia Beach, VA
- July 26-29-- ITAC, Chester, VA
- August 8-10-- Wytheville Community College
- TBA- Danville Community College
- TBA--Patrick Henry Community College
- TBA--Virginia Western Community College
- TBA-- Southwest Virginia Community College