Dream It. Do it. Virginia Advanced Technology Academies and Camps introduce participants to the manufacturing design process in a fun and interactive format. The academies and camps are an innovative way to educate students, parents and teachers about manufacturing careers. A variety of activities structure each day, including tours, lectures, and manufacturing demonstrations. Additionally, a competitive manufacturing assignment is built into the academy or camp, where participants are divided into teams and given time to collaborate and work on their assignment with the knowledge and expertise of industry engineers from multiple disciplines.
- Academies are designed for adults and/or students who meet certain eligibility requirements
- Camps are designed for students who are still in high school
- For more specific information, click on a link below
DIDIVA Advanced Technology Academy and Camp Highlights:
- Hands-on experience with manufacturing and engineering technologies.
- An in-depth view of applied technologies in manufacturing.
- An understanding of what it takes to make a product and grow a business
- A friendly competition with other students in designing, building, and running a manufacturing system.
- Learn from engineers and technical experts.
- See robotics and automation at work.
2017 Dream It. Do It. Virginia Advanced Technology Academies/Camps and Registration
- June 12-16-- South Hill
- June 26-29-- Southside Virginia Community College, Emporia
- June 26-30-- South Hill
- June 26-30-- Department for Blind and Visually Impaired, Richmond, VA
- July 2-7-- Wilson Workforce and Rehabilitation Center, Fishersville, VA
- July 10-14-- Keysville
- July 10-14-- Valley Career and Technical Center, Fishersville, VA
- July 26-29-- STIHL, Virginia Beach, VA
- July 26-29-- ITAC #1, Chester, VA
- August 8-10-- Wytheville Community College
- TBA- Danville Community College
- June 26-30--Patrick Henry Community College
- June 12-15-Virginia Western Community College
- August 9-12-- ITAC #2, Chester, Virginia