Dream It. Do It. Virginia Partners are educators and workforce providers from high schools, higher education, career centers and economic development across the Commonwealth who are committed to helping students, parents, and job seekers understand the great careers available in advanced manufacturing. These Partners are focused on:
- Distributing Dream It. Do It. educational materials and creating other opportunities to inform students, job seekers, parents and fellow educators about careers in advanced manufacturing;
- Organizing classroom speakers, plant tours and other activities to provide first-hand experiences for students and job seekers with today’s high-tech manufacturing industry;
- Ensuring a Dream It. Do It. presence at career fairs and other school events;
- Facilitating Advanced Technology Summer Camps to provide youth with hands-on experience using manufacturing and engineering technologies and an in-depth view of applied technologies in manufacturing;
- Supporting the creation of advanced manufacturing classroom programs (like a high school-level engineering and applied math curriculum) appropriate to the industry;
- Driving enrollments in relevant post-high school education and training programs among students and job seekers with an interest and aptitude for advanced manufacturing careers; and
- Ultimately, increasing employment in the advanced manufacturing industry.
- Partners participate in a variety of activities to learn more about advanced manufacturing from industry experts and share best practices on educational and promotional strategies.
Become a Partner
If you're interested in becoming a Dream it. Do it. Virginia Partner, simply send us an email. We will follow up with you directly and help you get on your way.
The Dream It. Do It. Virginia site is powered by Headed2, a secure career exploration and coaching platform which can be accessed from anywhere to continuously connect learning with earning. Headed2 is an educational technology company focused on career and transition planning. Their mission is to help people explore, plan for and pursue careers that reflect their passion, skills, and life goals.
Dream It. Do It. Virginia utilizes data from Version 22 of the O*NET Database. O*NET™ is a trademark of the U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration.